Immediately after getting rid of the shackles of colonial slavery, as a part of the nation’s own indispensable responsibility of alleviating the psycho-cultural darkness of nearly two centuries, this institution of repute was established with acquisition by the West Bengal Govt. on 11th May of 1948. It has acted automatically with the Government’s educational policies in being upgraded to a higher-grade institution. At present it is directly run by the Directorate of School Education, Govt. of W.B. in coordination with regional regulatory bodies, both educational & administrative. This institute is recognized by W.B.B.S.E. for the 10th-standard (‘Madhyamik’) curriculum, and affiliation to W.B.C.H.S.E. for 10+2 (‘Higher Secondary’) – both in Bengali medium of instructions.